Accomplished executive with over 10 years of event planning
and arts marketing experience. Planned and
coordinated successful events, parties, fundraisers, and conferences
involving budgets of all sizes. Highly organized and efficient,
with proven ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects
and stay within budget. Excellent communication and negotiation
skills with an MBA in marketing and planning.
Situation Marketing, New York, NY -- a full-service
interactive marketing and advertising agency.
Senior Account Executive
July 2008 to Present
Wedding Coordinator, Hudson Valley, NY
Summer 2008 – Present
- Coordinated and organized day of activities for multiple
- Worked with numerous vendors to ensure seamless successful
READ 365!, Pittsburgh, PA – a public
awareness and action campaign for early childhood literacy.
Biggest Bedtime Story Ever
- Organized, coordinated, and planned this celebrity filled
family event at the Petersen Events Center with over 5,000
- Worked with over 100 volunteers to ensure a seamless
Pittsburgh Urban Magnet Project, Pittsburgh, PA
– engaging young professionals in the issues that affect
attraction and retention
Event Planning Committee
2005 - 2008
- Worked with planning committee over the past three years
to organized and plan this popular annual networking event.
- Event brings representatives from Pittsburgh’s business,
cultural, recreational, and educational communities together
to offer Young Professionals opportunities to get involved.
City Theatre, Pittsburgh, PA –
$3.4 million regional theatre that produces 8 new plays on two
stages each season.
Director of Marketing and Events
February 2006 to June 2008
- Event planning, budgeting and management for over 60 events
- Events included:
- Annual Spring Gala and Auction fundraiser ($250K)
at Heinz Field with over 300 in attendance.
- Season Shakeup Smart House Party with themed cocktail
contest and dancing.
- Annual Open House at City Theatre with entertainment,
tours , games, and food sampling from 7 restaurants.
- Party at the PPG Aquarium with scavenger hunt and
aquatic themed music, cocktails, and food.
- Develop and implement marketing strategy and promotional
campaigns for both season subscription and single-ticket
buyer segments across all mediums including television,
radio, print, direct mail, and web.
- Increased total single ticket revenue over last 2
years by 260% ($1.45 Million) over previous 2 years
- Exceeded season single ticket revenue target by 20%
in last 2 years
- Quantity of subscribers increased by 13% and subscriber
revenue increased by 11% in last 2 years
- Create overall brand awareness for the theatre and specifically
for its productions.
- Create and spearhead grassroots and viral marketing campaigns.
- Oversee website development and maintenance.
- Develop and institute new programs including a blogger
night, text message advertising, interactive online play
discussions, tele-sales campaign, a 3-play subscription
package, a money back guarantee subscription offer, and
pre-recorded phone message blasts
- Create new marketing sponsorships with local and national
organizations including the Pittsburgh Pirates, Dick’s
Sporting Goods and Planned Parenthood.
- Conduct and analyze market research and audience studies
to develop marketing strategies designed to build a larger
loyal audience base and maintain the current base.
- Develop, monitor and maintain $250,000 marketing budget
and project earned income.
- Supervise 9 staff members, including Director of Communications,
Patron Services Manger, Sales Manager, Group Sales Associate
and box office staff.
- Work closely with over 20 vendors including graphic designer.
- Participate in Board, Executive, Marketing, Business &
Finance and senior level management meetings.
- Member of the Strategic Planning Committee and the Greenroom
Committee (Young Professionals).
Director of Operations and Events
July 2003 to January 2006
- Event planning, budgeting, and management for over 100
events per year.
- Coordinated theatre ticketing operations (Tessitura/Prologue)
and other front of house operations, including maintaining
excellent customer service.
- Supervised 15 staff members, including Box Office Manger,
Office Manger, and front of house staff.
- Launched a partnership with 15 local restaurants and caterers
in which over $100,000 of food and services are donated
to the theatre each year.
- As Group Sales Manager, dramatically increased annual
group ticket sales from $15,000 to $200,000 yearly.
- Created and organized a new group sales database.
Manhattan Theatre Club, New York, NY --
$15 million Tony Award winning Broadway and Off-Broadway theatre
that produces 9 new plays on three stages each season.
Assistant to the Executive Producer
July 2001 to June 2003
Worked in conjunction with Development Department on all fundraising events, including $1 million dollar Spring Gala featuring numerous Broadway stars and performances at the Hilton Hotel.
- Liaison between Executive Producer and staff.
- Key member of executive and senior level management strategic
- Integral part of Marketing Committee strategy meetings
for the widely acclaimed productions PROOF and THE TALE
OF THE ALLERGIST’S WIFE on Broadway and all Off-Broadway
- Collaborated with the Marketing Director to report on
audience research reports and focus group studies.
- Maintained the budget of two national tours.
- Assisted in the planning, development and restoration
of the $35 million historic Biltmore Theatre on Broadway.
Blue Light Theater Company, New York, NY --
$1 million Off-Broadway theatre that produced 4 new plays each
General Manager and Director of Events
June 1998 to June 2001
- Planned numerous events including a yearly $500K fundraiser
with celebrities including Paul Newman and Gwyneth Paltrow.
- Managed all business facets of operations including negotiation
of union and artist contracts, bookkeeping, A/P, A/R, day-to-day
management of budget and payroll.
- Collaborated with Producing Manager to develop a comprehensive
marketing strategy that effectively promoted the theatre
and resulted in significantly increased ticket sales.
- Developed and implemented successful subscription, group
sales and single ticket campaigns.
- Managed telemarketing and web-based sales.
- Helped prepare and manage the marketing financial reports
Award for Creative Collaboration – Excellence in Audience
Development, 2007 Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council Work of
Art Awards – Award Finalist
Award for Creative Collaboration – Advances in Capacity
Building, 2007 Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council Work of Art
Awards – Award Finalist
University of Pittsburgh, Joseph M. Katz Graduate
School of Business, Pittsburgh, PA
Masters of Business Administration -- Marketing -- current
GPA 3.85 -- Deans list for Academic Excellence -- September
2005 - July 2008 (expected graduation).
Binghamton University, State University of New York,
Bachelor of Arts -- Magna Cum Laude -- Phi Beta Kappa --
GPA 3.83. Film Major -- Theater Minor.
September 1994 – May 1998.